When it comes to holiday gift giving, we’re both firm believers in finding something meaningful that lasts season after season. This year in particular we’re looking to buy local and opt for sustainable and local where possible. With that in mind, we’ve gathered together some ideas for the outdoors lovers in our lives, whether it be directly contributing to their next adventure, or conjuring up the outdoors feeling whilst cosying up at home. We hope you find it inspiring!
A Little Something (around €20)
- Emily Art Print. We couldn’t help but add a namesake print, even better that it inspires some nature whilst indoors (and of course fantastically named after one of us).
- Beebee wraps beeswax wraps. A planet-friendly alternative for plastic wrap with cute patterns – great to keep your climbing/hiking snacks fresh without single-use plastic.
- The Eight Mountains by Paolo Cognetti. A coming of age story about friendship, and relationships not only between friends but also with the mountains, set at the foot of Monte Rosa in Italy.
- Chilly’s Bottle. Keep your water cool or your tea warm, we’re never without our chilly’s bottles.
- Intro into climbing. In Milan a lot of the gyms offer a climbing ‘happy hour’, taster session, giving an intro lesson plus the traditional aperitif. Perhaps outside of Italy you may not find the ‘happy hour’ version, however check your local gym for taster sessions or beginner lessons for a nice gift idea for your outdoorsy friend.
On a Budget ( around €30)
- Nordlys ‘Aurora Boreale’ . A little taste of the northern lights for when you want to be cosy at home. We’ve linked a local Italian ‘erboristeria’ that sells plenty more natural products, take a look: Herba Luna
- We rise by lifting others print A little inspiration to get us motivated
- Samphire scented candle A scent of the British coastline to light up a gloomy day.
- Snap’s gym duffel bag 100% recycled polyester bag to transport your gear to and from the gym. We love the baby blue.
- 3rd Rock’s Luna Climbing/Yoga Top. The perfect in-between sports top, perfect in the gym or outside in the summer!
Sharing the Love (up to €100)
- We love this lightweight ‘Smith the roll pack 25L’ taking you from the trails to your city commute, it even has space for your laptop.
- Lumie Light, for beating the winter blues, this little light serves an alarm clock (phones out of the bedroom!) to wake you up with light in the morning and also has a sunset function for nighttime. A great way to beat SAD (seasonal affected disorder) and keep you motivated to get out and about!
- Outdoor Voices Warm Up Leggings. Mid weight leggings made with the outdoors in mind, perfect for your winter workouts.
- The Tartan Blanket Co a cosy tartan blanket to accompany you on camping trips, or even on the sofa!
Splashing the Cash (over €100)
- Mammut Climbing Rope: with blue sign approved fabric, from 40-80M and plenty of colours to choose from, this is one of the most sustainable rope choices.
- Patagonia’s Women’s Recycled High Pile Fleece Down Jacket (Mens version also available). It doesn’t get much cosier than this..!
- La Sportiva Mythos Eco Climbing Footwear A re-edition of the famous climbing shoes in eco-friendly materials
- .Go-Pro To capture all of your outdoors adventures.
- Girlfriend Collective Dahlia Peregrine Windbreaker. Bringing a little edge to the trails
Let us know if you found our guide useful in the comments below.
Happy shopping and happy holidays!
Emily and Zoë x x x